Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Canning record 2019

Canning record 2019

May--sometime.  Strawberry vanilla cooked jam--from small jar book--I think there is too much pectin and it came out really thick.

June 28

6 jars of pickled garlic scapes

used recipe from seriouseats.com

Easy and not too time consuming except for cutting them in pieces

Mid July

3 jars currant jam from our bushes, David Lebovitz recipe--no pectin needed--refrigerated

end July/beginning Aug

1 batch of blackberry/apple jam from Italian Preserving book--my yield was much smaller so I wrote the author who says to match the puree to sugar in amounts. I added a few so I had 4 cups puree and used 4 c sugar. Don't know why she gets so much more from her weighed berries.

2 batches peach jam, CI book

August 12 (after Diane left the next day)

we had to pick peaches early because birds were eating them--smaller than I like but they ripened well but it took over a week to get there.

I made 2 batches peach bbq sauce from  Batches,  one a little milder than the other

2 batches peach/corn salsa from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, one a little milder than other--less than one chipotle

1 batch of Peach Mostarda from CI canning book. This much be in fridge or I will freeze.

1 batch of Peach Mostarda, canned and shelf stable, but not as interesting or flavorful. From Marisa McClellan foodinjars.com. This is pretty simple and probably not as flavorful as the other. I think I'll stir in some mustard when I open one.

August 19

14 jars white grape jelly--going to let Diane buy 12 of them.

14 more half pints white grape jelly




week of August  26

5 1/2 quarts of purple grape juice
6 pints white grape juice, both kinds for Betsy
froze 6 packs of green beans also for Betsy
froze berries for Betsy

week of Sept. 9 at Betsy's house

63 jars (or so) of salsa
13 jars peach drizzle
21 peaches

week of Sept. 16 back home

4 jars fig/thyme jam-- consider the fig orange zest jam in Italian preserving book for next  year











No comments:

Post a Comment